NAATI certified translations by NAATI accredited / certified translators for immigration

Do you need to submit translated documents to the Australian Government? The Australian Department of Immigration? The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade?

We have worked for major migration agents and private clients for over 30 years in Sydney and all over Australia. We can translate your birth certificate, marriage certificate, driver’s licence, employment records, educational certificates… any official document that needs to be submitted as part of your visa or residency application. Our translations are always, without fail, accepted by the Department of Immigration or Foreign Affairs.

We can offer extract translation if they are sufficient for you needs, saving you money and expediting the translation process.

We provide translation services in all languages and provide a high level of customer service. Our translations are delivered on time and on budget, certified by NAATI certified / accredited translators. Your translations will be signed and dated by the translator and stamped by us. Language Professionals will always respond to your enquiries, phone calls and emails in a timely and professional manner and are happy to advise you.

What is our NAATI certified document translation service?

Essentially, this is a translation service for a wide range of personal documents usually required for immigration purposes. This is a service which requires NAATI certified / accredited translators and is usually for official documents such as:

Standard certificates

police clearance certificates, marriage certificates, birth certificates, death certificates, de facto certificates, identity documents, military certificates, passports, change of name certificates, etc…

Employment references

Reference letters and employment records

University or school records

Academic records and transcripts, degrees and diplomas.

Evidence of de facto relationships

I.e. joint bank accounts, bills in joint names, correspondence

Foreign Driver's Licence

In Australia, laws and driving regulations differ from state to state. Some states require you to carry an International Licence with your current foreign licence. Other states request you carry your foreign driver’s licence together with an official translation of your licence into English. NSW has its own special requirements. For more information, visit:

In short, any document requiring translation for the purpose of residency and citizenship applications by migration agents and individuals across Australia.

Note that Australian government departments will only accept documents that have been translated and certified by NAATI certified / accredited translators.

How to book our NAATI certified translation service:

For personal documents, bookings can be made:

We will get back to you with a no-obligation quotation and a time frame within 24 hours. If your translation is very urgent, call us on 02 9356 1600.

Once you accept the quotation, we will get your translation underway. We can work with the electronic copy you sent, but check with the relevant government department to see if you need to show us the original or a certified copy for certification purposes.

Fee guidelines

Our prices for NAATI certified translations can be as low as $50.00+GST for standard documents, i.e. Driver’s Licence, ID card, Birth, Death, Marriage, Police Clearance or Divorce Certificates. For academic transcripts and diplomas, employment references, medical reports, it will depend on how long the documents are and whether a full translation is required.

From our experience, there are many instances where an extract translation is sufficient for visa purposes. However, always check with your legal representative or the relevant government department (e.g. Department of Immigration, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT), Department of Education or Centrelink) to see if this is an option for you. Extract translations are a much cheaper option in cases where you have a very long document but only need the pertinent information translated.

An electronic copy (PDF) of the translation is usually enough, but some departments will require a hard copy with wet signature from the translator, so you should again check requirements with your legal representative or the relevant government department.

Quotes are free and we will give you a firm price prior to commencing your job.

What is an apostille and do I need one?

Overseas governments sometimes need proof that Australian documents are genuine before they accept them. This is called an Apostille or Authentication stamp. You need to check with the government of the relevant country if you need one, as this advice can only be provided by the overseas government you are dealing with.
If an apostille is required, you will need to organise it before getting your Australian document translated. More information can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) website.

What is an a translation affidavit and do I need one?

If you are applying for a divorce in Australia but were married overseas and your marriage certificate is not in English, you will need to have this foreign language marriage certificate translated by a NAATI certified /accredited translator. You will then need to attach both documents together with an Affidavit Translation of Marriage Certificate from the translator, which states 1.their qualifications to translate; 2. that the translation is an accurate translation of the marriage certificate; and 3. that the attached copy of the marriage certificate is a true copy of the marriage certificate translated. Forms are available on the Family Law Courts website.

An affidavit sets out the translator’s qualifications, lists and certifies each source document and lists the associated translations and certifies them as true and correct. Affidavits are usually prepared by the lawyers requesting the translation and need to be sworn or affirmed before a Justice of the Peace, who will stamp and sign each page of the affidavit, source documents (copies) and translations.

Privacy and Confidentiality

Language Professionals is a responsible custodian of sensitive client information. We are experienced in translating and appropriately handling confidential documents, including contracts, international agreements etc… and familiar with the need to comply at all times with requirements for the security and handling of sensitive and classified material. Our translators are also well aware of the confidentiality requirements and have signed agreements including clauses to this effect.