Language Professionals maintains a busy multilingual desktop publishing department. With expertise in both Mac and PC platforms, covering over 100 languages and using the latest software and a wide range of fonts, Language Professionals is able to format your translations to reflect their original concepts. We are also happy to design or assist in the design of your publications to ensure that they are suitable and culturally appropriate for other language communities.
Our jobs are all PRE-PRESS READY so you can take them to any printer or bureau for output. Alternatively, we can take care of all print management for you.
• Adobe CC 2015 Creative Cloud
• Microsoft Office 2013 Suite
• Macromedia FreeHand
We routinely work with InDesign, but are also able to deliver Illustrator or Photoshop files if required.
For Asian or Middle Eastern (right to left) languages, we can supply eps files or files with all text outlined to avoid font issues.
We use Dreamweaver to create clean HTML files.
We can deliver any file format, from native (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…) to exported formats (eps, pdf, html, etc…). A PDF will be supplied for reference.
Where possible, we use Unicode fonts or Unicode-compliant fonts.
• translation of text
• proofreading by a native speaker
• in-house check by Language Professionals
Additionally, if any amendments or author’s corrections are required, the above tasks need to be repeated all over again.
Any job you entrust us with, no matter how big or small, will go through the same stringent quality procedures.
• Bear in mind that many languages will often expand so allow enough white space so font size/leading doesn’t need to be reduced too much.
• Choose open type fonts which support most languages. Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Myriad Pro, etc… They may not be everyone’s favourites, but they work with just about every language.
• Some languages read from right to left, which means that the whole layout, not just character direction, must reflect this directionality (page flow, column flow, alignment, etc…)
• If possible, use graphics that don’t require translation or provide editable files. Images requiring editing in a separate program add to formatting time and cost.
To discuss future conference interpreting requirements, please contact Petr or Francoise on (02) 9356 1600.
Or email us: email@example.com